Sports Interactive and SEGA are delighted to announce the launch of Football Manager Handheld 2013 for iOS and Android devices.
This season’s release not only includes up-to-date player and competition data, it also includes a number of gameplay enhancements, many of which have been implemented as a direct result of user feedback. These include:
– An all-new player comparison module (allowing managers to compare potential recruits against existing squad members or existing squad members against one another).
– Player photos (in licensed leagues)
– An increase in the number of playable leagues (from 12 to 14)
– A player form ‘hot list’
– The facility to promote reserve team players to the first-team squad
– Club captain selection
– Improvements to the in-game news, media interaction and match engine
– Twitter support for all devices – allowing managers to share their exploits with friends
– A host of in-game achievements for manager to strive towards
In addition to these gameplay enhancements, there have also been a number of improvements to the user interface; in particular, specific ‘skins’ have been developed for the most popular tablet devices and retina support has been added for high-end iOS devices.
For managers who like to accelerate their progress through the game, Football Manager Handheld 2013 allows, for the first time, the purchase of a number of ‘unlockable’ features, including the introduction to the club of a ‘sugar daddy’, the option to expand the club’s stadium, the ability to manage national teams from the beginning of the game and even taking a place on the board (giving the manager immunity from the dreaded sack). While all of these unlockables are available through the in-game store, many can also be ‘earned’ through in-game achievements as with previous iterations of the game.
Football Manager Handheld 2013 also sees the reappearance of the popular challenges (which first appeared in Football Manager Handheld 2012) and the introduction of a whole new challenge, ‘The Dangers of Capitalism’.
For more information, check out our user forums or navigate to SI Games.