Baseball is back and Out of the Park Baseball 18 – the sequel to Metacritic’s PC Game of the Year 2016 – delivers countless baseball dreams!
[This press release is made available courtesy of OOTP Developments]
Officially licensed by MLB.com, the MLBPA and Minor League Baseball, Out of the Park Baseball 18 includes the latest projected 2017 MLB Opening Day rosters, including the complete minor league system and over a dozen international and independent leagues, with thousands of real players. Player ratings are based on a combination of the industry-leading ZiPS player projection system and research conducted by our skilled and experienced roster team. The result is the most realistic and entertaining baseball management game on the planet. Guide your team to glory and build a dynasty!
New Features in Out of the Park Baseball 18 Include:
- Experience a new game mode in OOTP 18: Challenge! This mode adds a unique twist, along with new rewards, while playing OOTP. Your achievements are tracked in an (optional) online profile. Are you the best OOTP manager on the planet?
- Improved 3D Mode & Game Highlight Reels. With even more ballpark detail than before and enhanced player animations, the 3D game mode in OOTP has taken another leap forward.
- New Tournaments & Fall Leagues. Set up your own national or international tournaments. Choose from different tournament modes and manage your favorite nation to international glory.
- Historical Negro Leagues. With the help of Seamheads.com, our historical database experts have been able to add most Negro leagues seasons to the historical minor league feature of Out of the Park Baseball 18, including accurate rosters and player statistics.
- Redesigned Injury System. Injuries in OOTP 18 has been reworked to be more realistic and interesting. A detailed injury history is tracked for players, the injury database has been enhanced, there are now nagging little long-term injuries, injuries to different body types have different long-term effects, and much more.
- Team Promotion and Relegation Support. Create a challenging new league setup where teams fight for promotion and try to defend against relegation to a lower league level.
- Retain player salaries in trades. Can you strike the perfect deal and save your team some money?
- Improved AI throughout the game, for a more challenging experience than ever.
- Beautiful new interface design with three different skins.
- Many 2017 CBA rule changes are incorporated in modern MLB games.
- 7-Day lineups now support double-headers
- Improved player morale / team chemistry system.
- Improved player creation & development system.
- Improved game recaps, enhanced play-by-play text and league news.
- Updated authentic historical minor league database from 1915 through 2016 (including the Federal League) with a database of more than 100,000 real players.
- Support for individual player import from the historical database.
- And of course, the Out of the Park Baseball trademark of historical seasons spanning 150 years of baseball.
- And much more!
Can the Chicago Cubs repeat as World Series winners, despite the loss of Aroldis Chapman and Dexter Fowler? Or did the Cleveland Indians’ successful offseason set them up for taking the World Series trophy home this year? Will the Boston Red Sox’s rotation, anchored by Chris Sale and David Price, dominate in the AL East, or are the rebuilding Yankees already a contender? Which team will win the tight National League West Division, the powerhouse LA Dodgers, led by the best pitcher in baseball, Clayton Kershaw? Play Out of the Park Baseball 18 and find out!